So it’s that time of the year again: When EP realizes that the CHL season is quickly coming to an end. It’s a sad time of year because it means an end to another whacky season of hockey. It also means no more live games until August.
To effectively finish my hockey season I decided to see the IceDogs as they trekked to Ottawa to take on the 67s and the real end will be on Sunday when the Juniors flatten the Failboats.
I’m not sure who had the longer journey to Ottawa. Me or the IceDogs. I can tell you that unless the IceDogs pushed their bus to Ottawa like the Juniors had to push their bus to Rouyn-Noranda last week, I think I had the more headache of a journey. But that’s enough about me. More about the cool stuff: HOCKEY IN OTTAWA.
Point form because I’m exhausted and have too many scattered thoughts anyway
I really wanted to see Visentin play because it’s probably going to be the one and only time I’ll be able to afford to watch him play live :D Despite playing last night, he was in nets again tonight. YAY!
I think the poor Civic Center has taken a real beating since last year. At least when I was there last time the roof wasn’t leaking (they literally had a bucket in the seat two rows in front of me to catch the falling water) and random stuff wasn’t falling from the ceiling onto the ice. It was like this weird grey stuff. Grosssss…
- Seriously, I’ve had enough of players getting concussions. One of the 67s got concussed after taking a hit and falling on the ice. Not nice..
- IceDogs responded after that by getting an ugly goal which had the 67s fans in fits. That was pretty much their general state. I kinda understand though. Due to posts, called-back goals and the like, they probably would’ve won 4-2.
- “Let’s gooo six-teee sev-ennnss let’s gooo”. Most annoying chant/song thing ever. EVER. D:
- IceDogs were very lucky that the 67s PP was crappy. I dunno what it normally is, but when you go 0/6 (felt more like 0/10) and your opponent goes 2/3, that’s bad.
- It’s also kinda not cool when your EP’s team and you get outshot 20-8 in the second period. Not cool at allllll…
- Not sure what happened exactly, but little Hammie bro was skating around with his jersey and face all covered in blood towards the end of the third.
- I’m pretty sure I had a good reason not to like Thomas Nesbitt before but I was really not liking him for scoring a sweet goal for the 67s with less than 8 mins to go. And gloating about it too. Bad Nesbitt.
- Still, if Palat could get two goals on the Juniors in 4 mins then the IceDogs could score *a* goal to tie the game up, yes? Yes.
- With some 67 in the box for slashing (and the 67s fans up in arms over that call too) Strome tied it up. My cheering couldn’t be heard over the booing. Oh well…
- I dunno if it’s just me or if games seem to go on forever at the Civic Center, but this was the second time I had to sit through extra time and it felt like I’d been sitting there foreeeeeverrrrrrrrrrr already.
- It ended well though. Ceci was sent to the box for slashing (promptly a lot more booing) and who scores the GWG with 5 seconds left in OT? Strommmmeeeeeeee!!! A few fans might have heard me…
- Take that 67s!
will add more tomorrow. literally falling asleep at the keyboard here… hfarhewfnesdk…..