After going WEEKS without hockey the hockey gods (or the people who schedule these games) FINALLY gave me a day to rival the good old days of a billion games at the same time :D
It all started with Canada playing the Czechs… The least you need to know is:
- Canada needs to stop giving up the first goal in a game.
- Kassian needs to stop being involved in dangerous hits. Seriously. No sooner did I finish explaining his 20 game suspension in the OHL then he goes and hits a Czech player (who eventually had to be carried off on a stretcher). Ugh. Hopefully the poor Czech is okay!
- a 7-2 score will greatly help with the goal differential problem (the problem being that Sweden had a better one after they crushed Norway).
- We’re potentially down three players for tomorrow’s game. Schwartz, de Haan and Kassian are looking to be out. The former two with injuries and Kassian because of that hit.
- The WJC has provided us with some lovely new nicknames. Aside from Wahh, we also have BlonkBlonk for Louis Leblanc. I’d make a nickname out of “Seemone Doopway” and “Shawn Cootooree-eh” but that doesn’t work so well…… :D
After Canada mercifully finished the game it was time for the real craziness to begin. Habs/Caps, Hammies/Wolves, Volts/Remparts, Juniors/Catasomethings and Sweden/Russia were on tap. Apologies in advance if this is the most confusing and random thing ever.
- Just like that, the Wolves score and we lose Sanford. Sob.
- No Newbie. No Avtsin. And speaking of dummies who seriously injure people with dangerous head injuries… Cormier’s up with the Thrashers.
- Oh Sweden scores. Little Bob not looking happy. Wait… that’s not Little Bob… that’s the other guy…. oh well…. whoever he is, he’s not happy
- Um Volts? Juniors? Anyone want to score?
- No? Okay then….
- Um please dont’ hurt BobbyMayer too. We dont’ have any other goalies.
- Duuuustiiiiinnnnn Boyyyyydddd! 1-1!
- Oops. Beagle scored for the Caps. Not sure I can be too pleased with this given how we’re still not overly enamored with the Bears. I really tried to like them. But it just didn’t work out between us. |
- That would;ve been 2-1 for the Wolves but they highsticked it in… Phew.
- Nadeau must be pleased that I’m too busy to really pick on him tonight….lucky guy :P
- Duuurrrrr that’s 2-1 for the Wolves for real now. You’re dead to me, Angelo Esposito.
- Oh and it’s 2-0 for Sweden. Can the Russian’s please score so the Swedes won’t have a great goal differential? Please? Or better yet, can Russia make this fun by winning? PLEASE?
- Dussssstiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin Booooooooooydddddddd! 2-2! Wow! Loving this combo of David and Dustin <3
- And the Q teams aren’t scoring…
- Oh Greener…. that was a pretty goal. I mean… booo Greener. Go Habs :| 2-0 Caps.
- and we’re prematurely ending this first period in Hammieland because there’s something up with the glass. Okay…
- Annnnd the Hammies are starting the second period by finishing the end of the first period. I
- And the first period is over for the Hammies. On to the second period! Even though we’re technically in the second period.
- Me: “Shawinigan just scored.” SoftEuropean: “I’ll allow it if it was Bournival”. Me: “*checks* it was Bournival. I don’t want to allow it. Go Juniors go! Boo Cataractes!”
- Ughhhhhhhhh Wolves just scored….. 3-2. Hey, Dustin….. you wanna score again? Please?
- Oh c’mon. Now the Remparts score. This isn’t going my way, is it?
- Despite my Q teams outshooting their opponents, they’re losing… Hmmph….
- Man, those Swedish jerseys are BRIGHT. My poor eyes… D:
- OH. EM. GEE. DUSTIN BOYD AGAIN! Tied gammmmeeeee again! WOW. 3-3.
- And now they’re back in the box. Bad Hammies!
- eeekkkkkkkk….. Klubertanz and St. Denis just stopped the puck from going into the back of the net… my nerves…. :|
- Not going well in Drummondville. Gonna blame this on the fact that the Volts don’t have Sean or Ondrej, 2-0 for the Evil Remparts.
- Don’t know what the Juniors excuse is. They clearly win without BlonkBlonk. Oh well. 2-0 for Shawinigan too.
- Sounds like another interesting night in the reffing department in the AHL…. ugh.
- 3-0 for the Remparts. Time to go get some beer…
- Oh 3-1 now. Thank you Mathieu!
- Oh 3-2! Thank you Comtois. See Volts? You can score!
- and it’s time to take a breather…..!
- Team Russia needs Avtsin if they want to score on Lehner….
- Hark! The Juniors dont’ want to get left out either. 2-1! I didn’t know we had Dylan Anderson though?
- I’m glad I have this Russia/Sweden game to watch. It’s the only game I’m not stressed out about!
- Capitainnneeee Vachonnnn!!! Tied game in Drummondville 3-3! Wheeeeeeeeeee!
- Hmmmm either the refs really suck tonight in Hamilton (which is likely) or the Hammies are being dumb and taking dumb penalties (also probable)….. you guys are playing with fiiireeeee…. :(
- UGH. 4-3 for the Wolves now. Where is Dustin?
- Um not sure why the Hammies are getting another penalty when it was Gabby who got decked? Hmmm….
- AH! Hark! A miracle! The Wolves actually got a penalty!
- And the Hammies can’t count and got a two many men on the ice penalty….
- and it’s 5-3….
- In other news.. if fighting was allowed, we’d have more than a few already in this Sweden/Russia game. It’s getting a little chippy.
- Not sure what’s up with the reffing in this game in Hamilton. Seriously. What a mess.
- Hey Russian, you’ve got just under 60 seconds to score a goal…..
- … or you could just get smacked around and lose some teeth….. eww…
- Gahhhh Boyd was clooosseeee
- Hammies must be afraid of getting two mins for shooting the puck violently into the net if they score….
- And Sweden just blanked Russia. Operation “try to figure out how to beat Lehner” is in affect right now.
- And that is the game in a nutshell people: the puck just bounced off the linesman and into the Hammies’ net. At least that won’t count.
- In Q news.. .Juniors were looking out of it before they got one back and now it’s 3-2 for Shawinigan and the Volts are still tied.
- Juniors tied now. Well, well.. this could be interesting!
- Meh Hammies lose. What a disaster that third period was. Yuck……
- Oh and the Habs just lost. At least Ovi scored in the empty net?
OT in the Q
- Hello Michael Roy. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard you call a game! Let’s see what the Volts do
- WOW. That was quick!!! Volts wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin! YAY! Tonight was not totally full of fail!!
Shootout in some random place in the middle of Quebec
- Well… the Juniors could have won that….
- ….. but didn’t……
- Meh. Pooh on you Mr. Tiny.
Well…. at least Canada won? And the Volts! And Sweden. I could still stay up and watch the Canucks/Flyers game… you know… just because i can….. ehehehe :D