Yes, I am alive (and you thought you were going to be able to escape some total randomness this year. HAH). With the Q season starting next week (yes, people, NEXT WEEK)… it’s high time we get to some random thoughts!
- I was on the fence about following the circus act that’s becoming the Montreal Juniors, but I’m getting a bit excited about them. BlurryLouis notwithstanding, they have a pretty solid looking lineup (someone needs to remind me that they have Charles-Olivier Roussel because I keep forgetting that they got him out of… was it Mooski? Or Rouyn-Noranda? 2 and a half years in and I still confuse the two). I hope the BabyBenchWarmer spent his summer eating marshmallows. He needed to fill out a bit so he’ll take up more room in the net *nods* (yes, I did fabricate that whole sentence so I could say “BabyBenchWarmer”).
If I’m allowed one complaint….. can the Juniors PLEASE stop putting annoying popup things on their site? It drives me insaaaneee and my failboat internet connection doesn’t appreciate it :|
- Can I still be concerned about the Hammies goalie situation? Unless they grab Ram(b)o from the block of ice he’s probably frozen in and defrost him in time for the season… I’m a bit nervous. Sanford-Who-I-Still-Can’t-Get-A-Nickname-To-Stick-To is still injury prone and Bobby Mayer is a newbie at the AHL level. Yeah, yeah, I know there’s a first time for everything, but I’m concerned about throwing him into the fire for an extended period of time if Sanford gets injured. Speaking of that scenario… if Sanford gets injured and Bobby Mayer is forced into the starting role… who backs him up………? (this is assuming that Ram(b)o is still frozen in a block of ice in Russia).
- Wheeling Nailers doesn’t have the same ring to it as Cincinnati Cyclones. Speaking of which… do we actually have anyone playing in Wheeling?
- I detest American (Canadian) football. What does this have to do with hockey? Nothing. And that’s the point. Everything about American (Canadian) football is unlike hockey. Minus the bit where you get the roundish object to the other end of the playing area. Oh and the fans are perpetually drunk. But most sports have perpetually drunk fans, right? Right. Gah. American (Canadian) football is officially BLACKLISTED.
- Tell me I’m not the only one who thinks Novak looks like puke in this:
Whoever is in charge of his clothes, needs to be smacked upside the head. Repeatedly.