- Was totally going to write this up in another post but I rant out of time so…. a few thoughts heading into this game/series:
1) I really don’t know a hell of a lot about the Stars. The Hammies have only seen them twice and I dont’ think those two games are going to give us a good picture of what to expect. One game was at the beginning of the year and the second was… well, it was hands down the Hammies worst game ever. Not having heard it (I was mercifully stuck on a train in the middle of nowhere. Really, it was in the middle of nowhere. I could SEE the fields), I don’t know what the heck went wrong, but I’m not using it as a huge indicator that the Hammies will get swept and lose by scores of 6-0 or something dumb like that. I am hoping that they will think about that last game and not be all “oh well, maybe we’ll snooze through this game or do something that will make Coach go insane”.
2) I do know that we’re probably in for (yet another) low scoring series. The Hammies and Stars finished the year as the top defensive teams. I’m hoping this doesn’t mean that we’re in for Matt Climie pulling a Cory Schneider or the Stars collectively trying to be truculent. We’ll see, I guess…. As long as the Hammies prove the dude who predicted that the Stars would got to the finals against the Bears, wrong, I’m happy (and by that, I mean of course that the HAMMIES will go to the finals. Not that the Stars will face the Monarchs).
3) Jamie Benn. I already hate him and he hasn’t done a thing to my boys yet. Definitely going to need to shut him down (y’know, Jamie should be putting his skills to good use with Team Canada. Super Jordan Eberle or not, it’d be nice to have him).
4) speaking of shutting down players and needing defensemen who aren’t pummeled to death…. I’m really hoping to see Vernace and Weber back ASAP and I’d be quite pleased if Carle came back before this series is out (but I’ won’t believe that he can play yet until I see err hear him playing).
- Okay brb going to BLAST some music….
- So… Vernace is back, but no Weber…. remind me what happened to Weber again? Wasn’t he supposed to be “day to day”?? o_<
- Wait, WHAT? Freddy needed stitched on Monday when his hand got cut? Is there ANYONE who isn’t hurt in some capacity?!!!
- Ah… Coach…. thanks for making me feel a lot better about this series. NOT! :| *sneaks off to get something to drink* yes, of the alcoholic variety.
- Don’t tell Ryan Russell that Kris didn’t score at the WC today….k?
- Oh hey, did I forget that special teams might be important? No? Well ,I just did. PP coming up. PLEASE let’s not be epic fails on it.
- at least they’re getting shots away? Opposed to not….
- Durrr are these the Stars or the Heat? Another PP coming up. Maybe the PP can work better against the Stars than it did against the Heat? Hmmmmmm?
- AAHAH!!!!!! DAAAAAVIIIIIIID 1-0! And was that Gluu who did all the work before? :)
- Umm Gabby? You’re not going to start with these crappy penalties against, are you?
- You are. Damnit, Gabby. I”m going to smack you.
- Wow.. I really haven’t got a clue who half these Stars-dudes are….. Hmm *hits the Stars web page to figure out who is who*
- Sooooooo clooooooooose Newbie……………..!
- Wut…. SOG are 9-1 in the Hammies favor? This better not mean that the Stars will score next….
- NOW who is going to the box? :|
- DAMN YOU JAMIE BENN. 1-1. Also.. smack upside the head for everyone else who 1) left him ALL ALONE and 2) to Sanford for the weak goal. GAH.
- Lucky Gabby is lucky that that trip went unnoticed by the refs…
- WHEEEEEEE! Haven’t got a flipping clue who really scored that but who cares? It’s 2-1 for the good guys. [edit: it was supposed to be David but then they changed it to Brrrock]
- Damnit, Climie just robbed Newbie. Please stop pretending to be Cory Schneider. I don’t like it.
- Bad rebounds = well, actually, they equal “almost goal for the Stars” this time. And exhale….
- How in the hell are the SOG 15-5 and the score is ONLY 2-1?! O.o
- Okay… need food before I get super tipsy here….
- Oh olives.. you are soooooo awesome but you don’t taste good with my wine…. not at all…. yuck……
- Too many Hammies on the ice. OF ALL THE STUPID PENALTIES OUT THERE, I HATE THIS ONE WITH A PASSION.
- Oh hey.. the Mem Cup is on and 5 mins in the Spits are already up 4-0. Whatever. This stupid cup thing would be a lot more fun if MY teams were in it. Even just ONE of my teams… ICK.
- Not sure how Sanford kept that out (err more accurately, how the Stars guy didn’t score) but no worries… it’s not a goal….!
- and the puck goes from one end to the other to the other to the…. @_@
- NOOO WHAT HAPPENED TO CONBOY? PLEASE DON’T BE HURT. PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE.
- OMG NOW WHITE IS GONE? Are we sure this isn’t the Heat in disguise?
- omg….Get the hell away from Gluu, Jancevski….! hksjiuwaqhrcfsbsmf……..
- A goal would’ve been a nicer way to get back at Jancevski…. just saying.
- Wait.. is Koharski reffing? ’cause this reffing job is the PITS right now…. Hopefully Jamie Benn didn’t just wreck Trotter’s face…. =/
- For crying out loud… can we call a penalty when the Hammies get dumped?!
- Oh look. It IS a Koharksi. %@^&*…..
- YAY! White and Conboy are back!
- ughhhhh… Climie is doing his best Schneider imitation….
- Well, I don’t know exactly what David was doing there, but that would’ve been a nice goal =p
- And now there’s a PK? on a lame random stupid tripping call?! >______<
- That could’ve been been a penalty too, Koharski. Even Gluu who’s in the box agrees. How do we know? He’s banging on something in the penalty box.
- #$%^&*! Tied freaking game. 2-2. I hate Jamie Benn. Hamilton Bulldogs: 2 Jamie Benn: 2. Why don’t we just re-name the Stars “The Texas Jamie Benns” now?
- Great… just spilled the olives all over the desk…..
- “can we do a comedy routine? or wait, we already do that through the game anyway”. I <3 Al…
- How come times has that stupid puck go through the blue paint now?!
- Wait. there’s a Stephenson on the other team?! I only noticed that NOW?
- So far I’ve blacklisted Jamie Benn and Matt Climie. Oh and Matt Stephenson ’cause his name sounds like Stevenson’s…. anyone else?
- Getting SO very tired of the Stars :|
- In other news…. EPIC COLLAPSE by the Booins. EPIC. See you in the conference finals, Flyers! O.O
- Hark. A PP is coming up. Can you believe it?!?!
- The Hammies can’t believe it either. This is a messy PP.
- 10 mins left………….
- Hey, please stop giving the puck away to Jamie Benn… I mean, really… of ALL the guys you could giving the puck away to, that guy isn’t the one!!!!
- Delay of game penalty for the Stars? Yes? No? Yes? Yes. Be a little clearer, Koharski.
- Hmmph……. more fail PP…….
- 3 mins to go….
- Trying to be excited about this upcoming PP but….
- “Another terrific stop by Climie”. See?
- Damnit, OT here we come………
- HOLY CRAP I DIDN’T EVEN GET TO ASK IF THEY WERE GOING TO SCORE ON THIS 40 SECOND PP THAT WAS LEFT OVER FROM THAT TOO MANY MEN ON THE ICE (AGAIN, WUT?!) PENALTY TO THE STARS. WOW. BRRRRRRRRRRROCK FREAKING TRRRRRRRRROTTER WITH THE GAME WINNER. 3-2 final!
- Yay :)