Aside from TMF losing in epic proportions… We had some other faily tennis news:
- Muz won against Davydenko. Yeah. Saw it live. No, nobody cared about Muz. Everyone came to see Roger. And plus, everyone was baking in the sun and they were too hot to cheer on Muzzy.
- Rafa lost to Delpo. Not like we were expecting anything different but it was still sad to see Rafa fail so sadly in the second set. I’m chalking it up to rust. He didn’t look in pain to me but he was hitting everything long and wide and into the net. Rust. Rust. Rust. FIX IT SOON. Or else you’ll end up with Roger in the semi-finals at the US Open. DO YOU WAN THAT RAFA? Because I don’t. There can be nothing less than a Roger/Rafa FINAL.
- And Nole failed against Andy not-Murray. As Dootsiez put it on All I Need is a Picket Fence:
Over the last 18 months, Novak Djokovic has somehow managed to slump from “the Australian Open champ”, to “the perennial semifinalist”, to “Jo-Willy Tsonga’s bitch“, to “momentarily the second best player on clay“, to “the quarterfinals or earlier guy“, and now to “three times Andy Roddick’s bridesmaid“
Way to go Nole. NOT. You epic fail. So glad I’m not a huge fan of yours otherwise I’d be ripping out my hair.
- in one not faily bit of tennis… My former Serbian canuck who is partnered with a Serbian won the doubles match to set up a semi-final match with… whoever won that match I saw yesterday. Knowles and umm… Buphati. Or something.
- We got D’agger back for one year (why all the one year deals, Bob?)
- Happy birthday Gorges (that was the 14th)
- Guy Boucher still scares me. But I wish him good luck with his coaching! (bringing this up as I just heard his loooong interview on Habs Inside/Out)