Yup, yup! I went to see the Baby Habbies at Brossard today. I really have nothing to offer in the terms of how I think they look as players… so you get totally random and useless information instead.
- Photos are here. Totally the last time I bring the dumb little camera that doesn’t focus fast enough.
- I made it there without getting lost. You actually can’t miss the building… it’s kinda big…. *coughs* Very glad I came early because by 9 it was already filling up and by 10 it was jammed…
- They’re buidling is AWESOME. And cold.
- The goalies are HUGE. Seriously. We have smurfs for forwards but giants for goalies. It’s weird.
- Desharnais is shorter than Shorty Marty…and I mean.. I knew David was short from hearing about in Hammieland but dude… when he got on the ice, he was really short *G* (don’t worry Shorty Marty. You will always be THE smurf of the NHL to me). Simila (the goalie who was just drafted two weeks ago) is a FOOT taller than Desharnais. And even Simila is shorter than Missiaen. Crazy.
- There was a fair number of Hammies there. It took me a while to actually recognize them (thats what I get for only hearing about them on the radio)
- Watching the goalies trying to climb over the boards was a bit… amusing =p It’s not easy to do with those huge goalie pads
- it is LOUD when they smash eachother into the boards right in front of you. VERY LOUD. My poor ears…
- I can’t wait until PK Subban becomes a Hab though… he was fun to watch and he was also insanely popular today. Number31 took this video of his penalty shot (they were giving out penalty shots instead of actual penalties)
And finally, my REALLY lame video of some of the “game”.