Someone should tell the Refs what a penalty is. And someone should tell the Habs how to win a faceoff. Two phantom penalties and one absolutely crap goal gave the Sens a 3-1 lead after the first period and they never looked back. The Habs made an effort in the second and third period to make it 4-2, 4-3, and 5-4 but they never caught the Sens. They put up a fight in the third period but as we keep learning this year, one good period doesn’t make for a win. It really was in so many ways a game of “ifs”…
- If the Refs hadn’t been blind and stupid then the Sens wouldn’t have gotten two powerplays in which they scored on
- If the Habs had learned how to win a faceoff then maybe they wouldn’t have gotten scored on twice in a row anyway
- If the Habs hadn’t let the Sens run over them they maybe they would have scored more or at least reduced the amount of quality scoring chances by the Sens
- if the Refs hadn’t given the Sens a goal that looked not only offside but highsticked in as well, then they would only have lead 2-1 after the first period
- If the defense hadnt tried to imitate a sieve than maye they wouldn’t have let those goals in
- If Price hadn’t let in a stinker to make it 4-2 then maybe he wouldn’t have been pulled and people wouldn’t be screaming at him
- If Halak had stopped that goal then maybe the Habs would have been able to stay in the game
- If Halak AND Price hadn’t stopped several breakaways then the score would be 10-5 for the Sens
- If the Habs had actually shot the puck more than maybe they would have tied the game
- If they had kept the puck in the Sens net during their PP then maybe they would have scored
- If Kovy, Pleky and AK46 had actually played the way that they are capable of then maybe we would have seen more goals for the Habs
- If the Habs hadn’t passed nobody half the time then maybe they could have created more chances
- If the Habs’ hadn’t broken their sticks or hadn’t gone flying around on the ice like penguins at the most inconvinient times then maybe things would have gone otherwise
- If the Habs hadn’t lost so many games already then maybe I would actually care and be angry that they lost tonight
The who, what, where, why, when bit…
- Who is this Latendresse guy out there? Wow. He was on fire tonight! I don’t remember seeing him like this too many times before he was injured.
- What the hell were the refs thinking by allowing that 3rd Sens goal count? The guy was about to make a call and then he had to go back and chat some more with the guy?
- Where were Kovy, Pleky and AK46? They were MIA tonight. Frankly, most guys seemed MIA.
- Why can’t people stop bashing the goalies for a loss?
- When are the Habs going to win a game?
YAY FOR OVIE GETTING HIS FIFIETH GOAL OF THE YEAR! (and if Don Cherry is going to make a comment about Ovie’s celebration then I will scream. If I had scored 50 goals in a season then I would be celebrating a heck of a lot more than Ovie did tonight. No whining!).