I’m still in shock here (I just wrote “shark” instead of “shock”). I can’t believe that the Habs just beat the Sharks 3-2. In regulation time too. And after coming off a win last night in Philly…. wow…
I think I was in shock from the beginning, I guess, considering the Habs scored 3 goals in the first period. Markov got one when the Habs got their first and only powerplay. Gorges is finally not cursed when he scores a goal and he got went when D’Agostini did all the work getting the puck to the net. I really liked D’Agostini and Pacioretty tonight. And Koivu got a very nice goal when Boucher got caught way out of his net. Teaches him to stay put in his net.
I was not expecting that at all and I was just waiting for the Sharks to burst my bubble. They didn’t totally disappoint. Within the first three minutes of the second period the Sharks got two goals. One on the powerplay courtesy of Komisarek and one 50 seconds later in some other fashion. Now THAT was the San Jose team that I was expecting in the first period. I wasn’t happy to say the least and I spent the rest of the game freaking out and wondering when they’d score another fifty goals. Obviously they didn’t and now I’m ready to go off and do my stick people. I forgot to do some for the Philly game mainly because I was too busy yelling at Niittymaki….even after the game had ended… hehehe….
Things I liked
- HAAALAAAAAAK! When will people stop dissing him? I know that the first goal against him was rather icky and the second wasn’t pretty but at the end of the night he stopped 46 out of 48 shots against the top team in the league. That’s good, right? Right.
- D’Agostini and Pacioretty looked good, I thought.
- I liked that Gorges scored and that the Habs didn’t lose. When he scored I was like “Oh crap… we’re going to lose because whenever he scores, nobody notices because the Habs always lose”. Congrats dude!
- Not quitting. Yes, I’m still dwelling on all those games that could have been won if the Habs had just tried to stay in the game…. *twitches*
- Limited penalties. Granted the refs missed some on both sides but still… there were very few called because there were very few instanced when people did stupid things that would warrant a penalty. Can you imagine what would have happened if the Habs had take as many penalties as they did against Philly? *twitches at the mere thought*
- I’m trying to think of something else but my brain is frozen….
Things I didn’t like
- effort in the second period. Momentum went the way of the dodo and the Sharks immediately took control of the game and I was doing my best not to rip out my hair….
- defense…. horrible…..*twitches*
- Hey, Carbo, guess what? Sitting on leads is never a good idea. Especially when it’s against the Sharks!!! I hope he quits that idea of trying to sit on a lead right now….
- Komisarek’s penalty that lead to the Sharks first goal……You mister, need to work on your game. And fast.
- getting outshot 48 to 21. While this IS the Sharks, it’s still sad *twitches*
- Thornton saying that the Habs couldn’t “handle” and didn’t know how to “play” the Sharks. Oh please… You may be “big and strong” and whatever else you said, but c’mon…You played like crap in the first period, Habs played well, Habs take 3 goals on your icky looking goalie (who at least had the decency to admit that Halak was amazing), Habs then fell asleep and you took over. Habs falling asleep is what they do best. It’s not the Sharks being good. It’s the Habs being dozy. And despite being dozy they still beat you….Get over it….! Man, I think I just dumped the Sharks as my Western Conference team to cheer for in the playoffs. I hope they lose in the first round ^__^ Why can’t the top teams stop being arrogant twerps and admit that another team did well? Even *I* will grudgingly admit it if I think another team does well (please note that the Toronto Maple Leafs do not and will not count as an NHL team in my eyes). See side for comments by Claude Julien about the Caps. GAH! *twitches*
I’m sure there’s more stuff but I’ve forgotten in my excitement….
- Stinky Sens lost in OT to the Maple Losers. I’m very pleased.
- Kovalchuk beat the Hurricanes. I’m uber pleased with this.
- Rangers ruined my life by beating the Avs 6-1. Congrats on the win, Torts.
- Islanders blanked the Sabres. Yes, I just said “Islanders” and “blanked” in the same sentence with the Islanders being the “doer” as supposed to the recipient. I guess the Sabres are in bigger trouble than we thought…
- Semin sunk the Big Bad Bruins in OT in what most people are calling a “flukey goal”. Habs fans are calling it “Tim Thomas returns to the way he used to play last year” and thoroughly congratulate the Caps for beating the Bruins.
- Devils decimated the Panthers 7-2 in one sided game (put it this way, Brodeur should be ashamed of himself for only stopping 15 of 17 shots while Anderson faced a whopping 46 shots. What is this? The Habs vs just about any other team?!). Brodeur fails to earn his 100th shutout. Only the Devils fans are crying.
- Not that I generally care about Detroit, but right now they’re losing 8-0 to Nashville…. I don’t even know where to start on this one… Edit: 8-0 win for the Preds. Un-bloody-believable. So glad I don’t cheer for the Red Wings… that’s just…. wow… I mean… wow…LOSERS!